Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Easiest project ever!

I came across this idea on a blog and thought "what a great idea"  The wood used to make this sign is a cupboard panel!  No cutting or even painting required!  I just went to the Restore, picked up these three panels for $13 and have a couple more projects to make!  Easy peazy!!



I purchased some stencils from Michaels, using my 20% off coupon on my Iphone, bought some craft paint and had this little sign made in about 15 minutes.  I just used one of my scrapbooking stamp pads to run along the edge to give it a bit of definition.

We still have to finish the fireplace so I don't really have a "fall mantel" to show you this year, but I did put together this little arrangement.   Hydrangeas from the garden, another one of my favorites.


This little bowl and paddle are one of my purchases from the Vintage White sale we went to in Montana.  A butter bowl from the late 1800's I was told.  I cleaned it up, and just used canola oil on it to bring out some of the colors. 









It is taking time to get things where I like them in this house, but we are slowly getting there!  

What easy crafts have you found lately?


Sharing this over at :

Home at the Rose Chintz Cottage
Inspire Me at Love of Family and Home

7 comments:

Lorrie said...

That's not only easy, but good-looking. Love this kind of project. Can't say that I've done anything lately!

Pamela Gordon said...

I love this idea of the sign from doors. We don't have a re-store here though but I have some wood. I was looking at the stencils at M's the other day debating. What size did you use? Your vignette is just beautiful! Cute pumpkins and I love the old wood tools.

Gina said...

What a great idea to use a cupboard panel! I would have never thought of that. Your sign looks great & your Fall vignette is perfect!

Debra@CommonGround said...

that bowl and paddle are a great find, and what a super idea for the cabinet doors, just perfect for that Fall sign!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

My grandmother had a bowl and paddle similar to yours. Brings back lovely memories.
I love your sign! Simple and oh, so perfect for a Fall vignette. Thank you for sharing at my HOME and have a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Sandi

Decor To Adore said...

Here I am! I saw your message! Absolutely have "fallen" for your wonderful sign. :)

Penny@Gerst Farm said...

Love it! I definitely need easy when it comes to decorating..so this is perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...